Suitable for petrol, ethanol (E10- E85 compatible), diesel, oil, water, brake/clutch, ATF fluid
Available in internal diameter sizes of 1/8" (3.2mm) 1/4" (6mm), 5/16" (8mm), 3/8" (10mm), 1/2" (12mm)
1/4" (6mm) and 5/16" (8mm) can be fitted with rubber ends & worm drive clips or MagnaClamps,
Greatly outlasts ordinary hose.
Protective braid greatly reduces possibility of breakdown through chafing.
Stainless reflective weave helps prevent fuel vapourisation problems.
This hose was originally marketed as a fuel hose upgrade since the 1960s under the Smiths Petroflex brand, it gradually became available for all fluid transfer applications.
Best quality textile reinforced hose.
Ethanol proof. Suits all fuels including petrol, diesel, kerosine, paraffin, as well as water
Temperature operating range -20C to +120C
Burst pressure 200PSI. Note that unlike thin imported hose this strongwall hose has a large outside diameter
Available in 4 sizes:
Sold per meter. Maximum continuous length 30M.
- 1/4" / 6mm ID, 10mm OD
- 5/16" / 8mm ID, 12mm OD
- 3/8" / 10mm ID, 14.0mm OD
- 1/2" /12mm ID, 19mm OD
Available in a range of size of internal diameter:
- 1/8" (3.2mm) is used for brake and clutch line. Swaged fittings must be used in this high pressure application. Although somewhat over-engineered for the purpose we have also seen this hose used for washers, dizzy vacuum hose and other micro bore applications to good effect.
- 1/4" (6mm) or 5/16" (8mm) is used for most classic car fuel lines
- 3/8" (10mm) is used on most classic Jaguars & the vast majority of American classics
- 1/2" (12mm) is usually employed for water and oil line hose
- Use with MagnaClamps or Rubber End Caps, or swaged fittings (swaged fittings must be used for brake line)
Sold per metre - eg if 10 are ordered you will receive a continuous length of 10m; maximum continuous length 30.
Cut to your lengths required with a serrated edge, eg hacksaw or kitchen bread knife.
|Discount on quantity|
(Code: 47 Braided Hos1-8 32)
Replaceable internal stainless worm drive clip.
Replaceable & reusable.
Can be rotated to hide worm drive clamp on fitment for neatest installation
Provides secure fastening with all types of hoses, usually used on braided line. Does not require use of rubber end caps.
|Discount on quantity|